If you are looking for CSGO betting advice read our guide to get information to learn the basics you need to know to get started. Discussion covers a variety of topics including some strategies that can be used, where to find good betting tips and some of the best CSGO betting sites.
CSGO Betting Basics
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive consists of 2 teams of 5 members each, with one team attacking and the other defending. A match consists of 30 rounds and at the halfway point of a match the teams swap sides. The first team to win 16 rounds is the winner. Of course there is a lot more to it than that and if you intend to be successful betting on CSGO you need to familiarize yourself with the game, the teams and the players. Knowledge is power as the saying goes and the more background research you do the more likely you are to place successful bets. The best advice to anybody wanting to bet on CSGO is do in-depth research.
Types of CSGO Bets
There are 2 broad categories of CSGO bets that basically have to do with when you place the bet. Pre-match bets are wagers that are placed before a game starts. Live or in-play bets are wagers that are placed after a match has started. Just about every other type of bet in CSGO will fall into one or both of the categories. Some of the most common are:
- Money-line bets: Betting on which team will win the match outright with no handicap is a money-line bet. This is the most common CSGO bet and a good place for beginners to start.
- Special bets: Special bets are wagers placed on specific events occurring during a match. Bets can be placed on things like map winner, pistol round winner, first kill, rounds over/under and correct score. There are many others as well.
- Handicap bets: Generally one team is favoured over another to win. Some CSGO betting sites will introduce a handicap to induce bettors to wager. For example if Team A is favoured to beat Team B the bookmaker may introduce a handicap of -2.5. This means that Team A would have to win by 3 or more rounds for a bet on them to be a winner.
- Outright bets or futures markets bets are bets place on a tournament outcome rather than a single match. You can bet on things such as which team will win the tournament or if a team will make it to the finals or to the semi-finals.
CSGO Betting Strategy
Right off it should be stated that there is no strategy that will guarantee you always place winning wagers on CSGO match betting sites for every game although some people may claim to have one. The following are a few of the strategies people use:
- Fibonacci: This is a strategy based on the Fibonacci number sequence where the following number is the sum of the last 2 numbers (1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34…). The theory is that every time you lose a bet you move to the next number in the sequence. If you win a bet you move two numbers back in the sequence (or to the beginning if you haven’t lost 2 bets in a row. If you bet $1 and lose bet $1 again. If you lose then bet $2, then $3 and so on. The idea is when you hit a winning bet you will recoup your losses. The problem is the amount you have to bet rapidly escalates if you are on a losing streak and you will likely run out of money or hit a limit.
- Martingale: Similar to the Fibonacci strategy except instead of going to the next number in a sequence when you lose you double the amount of your bet. If you win you go back to your original stake. So bet $5 and lose, bet $10 and lose, bet $20 and lose, bet $40 and win. Next bet return to your original stake of $5. This system has the same inherent flaw as the Fibonacci system.
- Arbitrage betting: This isn’t so much a system as it is taking advantage of odds discrepancies between bookmakers. For example in Team A vs. Team B match Buff.bet may have Team A at 2.10 and GGbet has Team B at 2.10. If you bet $100 on Team A at the first and $100 on Team B at the second you will have a guaranteed profit of $10. The problem here is you won’t find big enough discrepancies on every match at it will involve checking with a lot of bookmakers.
The best system starting out is to bet small, stay within your budget and research. The Rivalry site has an Academy section on their site that provides some good betting advice.
CS: GO Betting on Reddit
With a little digging you can find some great CSGO betting advice on Reddit. You will find some serious e-sports bettors here and they limit promotions and pushing of products. Not only can you get some good tips from people who know what they are talking about, you can find some good unbiased opinions of what the best CSGO team betting sites are.
CSGO Betting Twitter
Twitter has loads of people offering CSGO betting tips. Use the hashtag #csgobetting or just search CSGO betting and you should find plenty. Just keep in mind that just because somebody is offering tips, it doesn’t mean they are accurate. Some may just be promoting CSGO new betting sites or some other product related to CSGO. Follow some of the tipsters and see what kind of success rate they have before risking your money.
CSGO Betting Facebook
Facebook has a good number of groups related to CSGO betting and you can also find some good tips here if you look around. Again, don’t automatically assume that any tips you get are sure winners. As with Twitter some pages offering advice are related to promotions from different betting sites.
Where to Place CSGO Bets
There are plenty of sites online for betting on CSGO. The best CSGO betting websites offer a good number of matches, plenty of betting markets and competitive odds. Some like Betway CSGO started in traditional sports betting but have expanded to include e-sports. Others like Arcanebet, Lootbet and Rivalry are almost entirely dedicated to e-sports. Any of them are good sites for placing a CSGO wager.
Author: Mary S Colbert
Site Editor at csgobettings.com
Mary S Colbert is the chief content editor at csgobettings.com. She has 8 years of experience as an e-sports analyst with a particular focus on CSGO and uses her expertise to write on the topic and pass on her knowledge. Many of her informative articles can be found here at csgobettings.com